- Never stop being inspired by what I see around me
- Pause. Notice. Share.
- But be real about upcycling. Most ideas have their pros and cons.
Other pros to wine-bottle garden edges?
- Great way to repurpose a glut of bottles (and not just wine bottles)
- Apparently the small amounts of water that collect in the bottles turn them into butterfly water stations!
- they LOOK really pretty in the sun
- it's a really easy DIY - here's the video to prove it
The cons then. Well, I'm no gardener but these do sound like real concerns:
- Glass deteriorates in the sun and with fluctuating temps. If you're using them around a vegetable garden, broken glass will be a real risk once they've withstood a season or two.
- Any kind of edging like this makes it harder to kneel at the edge of the garden to work
- After a winter of real snow, nice tidy lines are no more. You have to be ready to put everything back in order... and look out for cracked glass.
More from someone who's not such a fan of this idea.
|Images: John Sisson Photography|