Goals - Week 3:
- Upcycle a non-recyclable item
- Repair or repurpose old clothes
- Buy less, make less trash and create more :)
No matter how well-intentioned you may be, there are some things you just can't donate. Or recycle. Tights and pantyhose are two of those things. Which probably means we should just stop wearing them. But in colder climes, that's a very hard decision to make. And while I do think it's worth buying good quality hosiery (that's sexy for tights) and washing them by hand, they're still not donate-able once they rip. So what to do?
Well, if you've been around this blog for a while, then you know that this sort of repurpose is my stock in trade. And I've been cutting up laddered hose into hairbands for as long as I can remember. Honestly, I don't know when it started. But if you have long hair, try it.
- If you need a really sturdy "scrunchy like" band, cut a broad piece from around the knee down.
- For a narrow pony-tail holder, cut a narrow piece from close to the ankle.
- Turn the waistband into a headband for holding your hair back when you're washing your face or working out.
- In general, they make really good hairbands for running or a sweaty workout! Why? Because you can wash them easily and they dry in about 5 mins.
Do any of you repurpose these things? What do you do with them?